Certified Management Accountant (CMA) is the globally recognized, advanced-level credential appropriate for accountants and financials in business. Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) awards this certification, which is a US-based worldwide association for accountants and financial professionals working in business. The CMA is an advanced professional certification specifically designed to measure the critical accounting and financial management skills that are of extreme relevance to candidate and corporate advancements in today’s business environment.
Achieving the CMA credential demonstrates the candidate’s mastery of financial planning, analysis, control, decision support, and professional ethics. The CMA program has been designed to meet the evolving needs of business – today and tomorrow.
|Functional Role||Staff Accountant; Cost Accountant; Internal Auditor; Budget Analyst; Financial Analyst; Senior Accountant; Finance Manager; Controller; Vice President; Finance Treasurer; Chief Financial Officer; Chief Executive Officer|
|Any Professional Membership||Yes - IMA (Institute of Management Accountants)|
|Level & Exams||
Part 1 Financial Reporting, Planning, Performance, and Control
Part 2 Financial Decision Making
- Online exams which can be taken in India at Prometric testing centers
- 4-hours exam for each Part 100 MCQ 3 hours & 2 essay type (4-5 questions )1hour
- Performance should be appropriate in both MCQ & essay type questions
- Pass Marks: 360 out of 500 for each paper (72%)
- Exams can be taken anywhere in India & exam testing windows: Jan-Feb, May-June, Sep-Oct (Take it Anytime)
|Time to Complete||6 Months to 1 Year|
|Cost of Course||Registration Fees, Certification Fees & Exam Fees (Approx INR 60K to 100K)|
|Tution Fee||Depends on where you pursue classes and study material you refer. Get more info from adjacent form|
|How to Register||Online - https://www.imanet.org/cma-certification/getting-started?ssopc=1#requirements|
Domestic - Starting Rs 5 Lakh per Annum (Fresher)
International - Starting $ 58000 per annum (Fresher)
|Job Locations & Options||
- Around the World (Obviously Including India too), So increases the opportunity to get overseas job and move internationally
- From MNCS to StartUps, in both the public and private sectors
Careers in CMA
You can enrol and appear for exams but for getting IMA membership, you should -
IMA is the world’s most progressive and supportive management accountancy body driving your career towards even greater opportunity. The scope of CMA(US) in India is increasing at an exponential rate. The advantages of pursuing CMA (US) are:
- International recognition certification in Management Accounting. So increase in options to move abroad
- US CMAs certification creates career opportunities and strengthens their ability to move across business areas.
- Career opportunities for US CMAs can be in Multi-national companies, Financial services or consulting firms and US-based firms & organizations.
- Complete the course in approx. 6 months to 2 years
ValuedPro along with Vstudy has trained more than 15000 candidates for different academic exams and professional courses such as CS, CA, CMA, CIMA, CPA etc
We have trained more than 2,000 employees of different finance organizations on Financial Analysis, Wealth Management, Financial Planning, Equity Research, Management Accounting etc.
Success Ratio: Pass success ratio of our institute for CMA Exams is 70%, which is way above global average.
Just drop in your details and our support team will reach out to you as soon as possible.